Need to interface a 3.3V device with a 5V system? This is our voltage translator board for making communication possible between devices with differing voltage levels. The board is a 4-bit translator based on the TXB0104 (or TXS0104 - specify desired version when ordering) bi-directional voltage level translator. Simple and elegant, this is one handy board - just power each side with different voltage levels (VCCb is the high side - up to 5.5V, and VCCa is the low side - up to 3.6V), and you're ready to convert. No need to worry about data direction; the IC has automatic direction sensing. If you need the ability to disable the board, just desolder the OE jumper and control the shutdown using the OE pin (pull OE low to disable).
- Board Dimensions: 16mm x 21mm
- Low Power Consumption, 5-uA Max ICC
- OE Input Circuit Referenced to VCCA
- VCC Isolation Feature - If Either VCC Input Is at GND, All Outputs Are in the High-Impedance State
- No Direction-Control Signal Needed
- No Power-Supply Sequencing Required - VCCA or VCCB Can Be Ramped First
- Supply Voltage:
- 1.2 V to 3.6 V on A Port and 1.65 V to 5.5 V on B Port (VCCA = VCCB) - TXB0104 version
- 1.65 V to 3.6 V on A port and 2.3 V to 5.5 V on B port (VCCA = VCCB) - TXS0104 version
- Max Data Rates:
- 100Mbps - TXB0104 version
- 24Mbps (Push Pull), 2Mbps (Open Drain) - TXS0104 version
- Use TXS0104 version in applications such as I2C or 1-Wire where an open-drain driver is connected on the bidirectional data I/O. Otherwise, use the TXB0104 version of the board.